Sports injuries are plentiful. They can not only be painful, but also debilitating. Sports injuries can occur for a number of reasons. However, whatever the reason behind it, a sports injury must be treated as soon as possible.
At Williams Chiropractic & Decompression, our chiropractic staff is top rated and the number one reviewed clinic in Greensboro. We offer a number of non-surgical techniques to help you or a loved one recovery from a sports injury.
What Causes a Sports Injury?
Sports injuries can be caused in a number of ways, including accidents, trauma, and overuse. Some of the most common sports injuries include, but are not limited to:
- ACL injuries
- Muscle ruptures
- Muscle Strains
- Achilles Injuries
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Ligament or tendon sprains (grades 1, 2, and 3)
- Broken bones
- Dislocated bones such as kneecaps or shoulder
- Little league shoulder
- Shin Splints
- Trauma such as traumatic brain injuries/concussions
and many, many others.
Because sports injuries are incredibly varied, our staff at Williams Chiropractic & Decompression are trained at diagnosing underlying issues that may have contributed to sports injury. We then develop a treatment plan specific to every single one of our patients.
Why Should I Treat a Sports Injury?
Sports injuries can cause an enormous amount of pain, immobility, limited range, and inflammation. We provide natural and holistic treatments to help the body heal from sports injuries. The treatments we provide include chiropractic adjustments, spinal decompression, massage therapy, and corrective exercises.
Without treatment, the chances of reinjury are increased due to the muscle already being damaged. In addition, pain from a sports injury can become chronic if left untreated.
Treatment Options in Greensboro
Our chiropractic team has several treatments available for sports injuries. These include, but are not limited to:
- Resting, icing, compressing, and elevating the injured area, known as the RICE method. If you haven't done so, our chiropractor team can offer advice on proper methods and techniques to RICE an injury.
- Massage therapy to help relieve inflammation and speed up recovery
- Exercises to help muscles gain back strength and range of motion
- Chiropractic adjustments and manipulation to help decompress nerves and reduce pain
- Our unique LASERA laser therapy
Contact Us Today
At Williams Chiropractic & Decompression, we are top rated, passionate, and ready to help ease your pain and get you back out on the field again. Contact us today at (336) 299-3037.