July Patient of the Month – Jane B.
- What problem brought you in? “I compression fractured L-1 in a sledding accident in January 2000. Through the years, my pain had gotten worse with the onset of osteoarthritis. In addition, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 5 years ago.”
- What steps had you taken to previously get help? “The orthopedic surgeon I saw after the sledding accident suggested surgery would not guarantee relief and only offered standard rehab. He referred me to a pain management practice and I have been on low dose pain meds for over a decade. I achieved some relief by attending a YMCA chronic pain oriented swim class 3 days a week.”
- How were you referred to our office? “I was referred by a friend in the chronic pain swim class and Dr. Evans’ Health Talk to our group.”
- What results did you have with the percussion plate/chiropractic adjustments? “Within a week of seeing Dr. Evans, I noticed a dramatic decrease in my overall pain and my posture is better. My husband said he noticed the improvement within days and that my energy levels are closer to “my normal”
- How has chiropractic care improved your ability to work and enjoy hobbies? “Because I suffer less pain, I have more energy and have been more productive around the house. I am cooking more, gardening more and have longer periods of productivity. I am sleeping better (deeper) and getting out of bed in the morning has gotten easier.”
- What advice do you have for someone just starting chiropractic care? “Be patient and temper your expectations. A positive attitude is essential- any relief from your pain is a win!
- Any other comments?
“All of the staff and Dr. Evans have been a joy to work with. They have become not only my health care team, but are also like family. My husband says I am almost back to the point that he is considering sticking around for the duration!!”
June Patient of the Month – Eddie W.
- What problem brought you in? “I originally came in with severe knee pain” What steps had you taken to previously get help?“Had not really taken any previous steps. Just the pain in my right knee was not getting any better on its own.”
- How were you referred to our office?“An ad in the newspaper” What results did you have with decompression/chiropractic adjustments?“Great, did laser therapy and chiropractic and my knee is now pain free.”
- How has chiropractic care improved your ability to work and enjoy hobbies?“No more pain, back to hunting. I was not able to hunt turkey before, maintenance keeps me going.”
- Any other comments?
“I tell all my friends to come to this office. That’s how much I believe in them.”
May Patient of the Month – Louis B.
- What problem brought you in?“I was experiencing extreme back pain that resulted in an inability to sit comfortably, rest, eliminate, stand , or just make it smoothly through the day.”
- What steps had you taken to previously get help?“I had used homeopathic medications for back pain along with joining a chiropractic serving that provided a number of adjustments monthly for a low fee.”
- How were you referred to our office?“ I found myself on the internet looking for additional treatment. I saw an advertisement that offered an evaluation with X-Ray for a reasonable price.”
- In your words, what results did you have with the decompression/chiropractic adjustments?“Phenomenal results with very speedy relief. The treatments reduced discomfort immediately, with each visit providing more relief.”
- How has chiropractic care improved your ability to work and enjoy hobbies?“ I rarely experience any back pain, resulting in me, on occasion, forgetting my age and over doing things that I enjoy doing. I have to remember to not act like I feel.”
- For someone just beginning chiropractic care, what advice would you share?“ Listen and follow instructions and don’t be afraid to ask questions and engage the doctors in honest discussions about your progress.”
- Any other comments?“The commitment of each member of your chiropractic team to creating a supportive, engaging environment is also a key factor in the effectiveness of the treatment. Costs, payments, appointments all have been totally to enhance the patient’s ability to complete the course of treatment.”
April Patient of the Month – Billie H.
- What problem brought you in? “Sciatic pain-hip, thigh, and lower leg”
- What steps had you taken previously to get help? “Over the counter medication and deep tissue massage.”
- How were you referred to our office? “My insurance provider network. I read the patient reviews and felt like this was the right place.”
- What results have you had? “My pain has gone from severe, sharp pain to an ache, altogether bearable. After the first few treatments I was able to sleep all night for the first time in weeks!”
- How has chiropractic care improved your ability to work and enjoy hobbies? “I work part time (5 hrs) at a computer and I could not work at all due to my pain. I’m back to working a full schedule.”
- For someone who has just begun chiropractic care what advice would you share with them? “Be patient! Correcting a serious problem takes time, but it does get better. Stick with the program, do the exercises, and keep the faith!”
- Any other comments? “Coming to Williams Chiropractic was one of the best decisions I ever made. The staff here- each and every one- is awesome! Their caring and compassion makes you feel like family and it’s good medicine when you’re hurting! Have and will recommend them to my family and friends.”
March Patient of the Month – KATHRYN S.
- What problem brought you in?
“PAIN AND MUSCLE SPASMS ACROSS MY BACK THAT WOULD KEEP ME BENT OVER/ IN WEIRD POSITIONS TO TRY TO RELIEVE IT”
- What steps had you taken previously to get help?
“HEATING PAD, HOT SHOWERS, VISITS TO DOCTORS FOR PAIN MEDS”
- How were referred to our office?
“MY DAUGHTER GOOGLED CHIROPRACTORS AND THEN CALLED.THE PERSON WAS VERY FRIENDLY ANSWERING OUR QUESTIONS”
- What results did you have?
”THE FIRST TREATMENT DID WONDERS. I FELT BETTER THAT DAY THAN I HAD IN A GREAT WHILE. I STILL GET TWINGES BUT NOTHING AS BAD AS BEFORE THE FIRST TREATMENT.”
- How has chiropractic care improved your ability to work and enjoy hobbies?
“I USED TO NOT BE ABLE TO SIT MORE THAN 1 HOUR- FRIDAY I TOOK AN 8 HOUR TRAIN RIDE TO DC WITH NO PAIN! IN 4 DAYS MY DAUGHTER AND I WALKED 10 HOURS WITH MINIMAL PAIN, IF ANY.”
- For someone just beginning chiropractic care what advice would you share with them?
“CALL AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS THAT YOU ARE GIVEN.”
- Any other comments?
THE STAFF IS GREAT AND FRIENDLY, WILLING TO ANSWER ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS. I WISH I HAD CALLED EARLIER.”
JANUARY PATIENT OF THE MONTH DON W.
- He came to us 10 years ago when his degenerative disc was acting up. His wife asked the nurses she works with at Women’s Hospital where to go and they told him to go to Dr. Williams
- He previously tried another Chiropractor in Southern Cali as well as heat/ice, muscle relaxors, stretching, and ibuprofen, which were temporary solutions.
- What results did he get?… He is able to be active in children’s and student ministries at his church as well as Basketball and Mission Trips. His monthly maintenance helps him maintain these relationships with the children, students and families he gets to minister to.
- He says Chiropractic is in invaluable tool to keep him active with the children and students God has put in his life For someone just beginning chiropractic care, what advice would you give?… “Be faithful keeping your monthly maintenance appointments. It is a wonderful tool to keep you active and doing what you want to be doing.”
- “DR. WILLIAMS STAFF HAS ALWAYS BEEN PROFESSIONAL, CARING, FRIENDLY, AND FUN TO PICK ON. CANDICE HAS ALWAYS BEEN SOMEONE I CAN COUNT ON AND GO TO WHENEVER GUIDANCE IS NEEDED. THE STAFF’S HIGH STANDARDS HAVE BEEN CONSISTENT OVER TH PAST 10 YEARS”
Linda S. – November Patient of the Month
- Severe neck pain and headaches brought her in for treatment
- She was a previous patient, initially referred by 2 of her co-workers
- After her first round of treatments, her pain improved, but she did not do maintenance adjustments. A few years later her pain returned and this time it was much worse!
- She never thought she would feel this good again and she is happy to be able to enjoy life without pain Her advice to other patients is to follow through with maintenance adjustments!
Tommy C. – October Patient of the Month
- Severe headaches and neck pain brought him in
- He was referred to Williams Chiropractic by his Primary Care Dr. when the medication was not working
- He now is PAIN FREE and even recently loaded 8,000 pounds of corn for deer season without pain and he states he could never do that much before
- His Advice for other patients? “Be patient and stick with it!”
- He comments: “I really believe in this treatment.”