Joint Pain Treatment from Our Greensboro Chiropractors
The many joints in your body allow you to perform an impressive variety of motions, but the flip side of this equation is that strain or damage to the joints can make even small motions difficult or impossible. Over 15 million Americans suffer from debilitating joint pain due to arthritis, not counting the many other possible causes of this debilitating symptom. Here at Williams Chiropractic & Decompression Center P.C., our Greensboro chiropractors can help you get a grip on your joint pain through safe, drug-free, surgery-free treatment techniques.
Joint Problems That Cause Extremity, Neck, or Back Pain
Joints can be surprisingly complex structures that require bones, cartilage, bursae (sacs that minimize friction), tendons, ligaments, and muscles to all work together precisely. An affliction that affects any one of these parts can interfere with joint motion, leaving you with pain and stiffness. An acute injury such as dislocation can damage several of these structures simultaneously. Acute strains and sprains can also put a joint out of commission in a hurry.
Chronic joint pain is often the consequence of constant overuse or a chronic health condition. Classic examples of chronic joint pain conditions include:
- Osteoarthritis - Degeneration of the joint's cushioning cartilage
- Rheumatoid arthritis - Joint inflammation and destruction due to an autoimmune disease
- TMJ - Chronic pain in the temporomandibular joint of the jaw
- Tendinitis - Inflammation of a tendon, typically seen in repetitive motion injuries
- Bursitis - Inflammation of a bursa, sometimes caused by friction from a neighboring tendon
- Facet joint syndrome - Chronic strain in the spine's facet joints, often associated with bulging discs, resulting in neck or back pain
How Our Chiropractor Addresses Joint Pain
Our chiropractor can figure out exactly why you're experiencing joint pain. X-rays and other diagnostic techniques can isolate the structures that have sustained damage, while discussions of your lifestyle, sports or work activities, medical history, and symptoms can fill in the rest of the picture. Once we understand your joint pain, we can prescribe non-surgical treatment methods such as:
- Chiropractic adjustments to optimize joint position and alignment
- DTS spinal decompression to treat bulging discs and ease facet joint pain
- Laser therapy to reduce joint inflammation and speed healing of damaged joint tissue
Need a Joint Pain Doctor? Talk to Our Chiropractors
If you need a Greensboro joint pain doctor, you've come to the right place. Call 336-299-3037 to learn more about how chiropractic care, DTS decompression, and other therapeutic techniques can help you master your pain!