Joint pain is a common complaint that can be caused by many different situations and health conditions. It can interfere with daily living and should always be taken seriously. If you have joint pain that has lasted for weeks without any signs of going away, our chiropractor Greensboro at Williams Chiropractic & Decompression is happy to provide you with personalized joint pain treatment.
Common Causes of Joint Pain
The most common cause of joint pain is arthritis, which usually results from wear and tear on the joints. Other possible causes include infection, gout, bursitis, tendonitis, pseudogout, or systemic diseases that affect joints. Joints can also be chronically painful if they are injured, especially if the ligaments and tendons around them have been damaged. Other causes of joint pain are:
- Postural strain – Overusing certain muscles, poor posture, or carrying heavy objects can lead to pain in joints such as the ankles, knees, and wrists.
- Hormonal changes – Premenstrual problems such as premenstrual syndrome or fibromyalgia can cause a lot of discomforts. Many women discover that their joint pain lessens during pregnancy.
- Metabolic disorders – Diabetes mellitus, hyperthyroidism, and hypothyroidism are metabolic disorders that may contribute to joint pain.
Symptoms of Joint Pain
Joint pain symptoms vary depending on the cause and severity of your condition. Possible symptoms include:
- Inflammation – Joints that are swollen, red, and hot may indicate inflammation.
- Decreased movement – If you're experiencing a decreased range of motion in certain joints, this could point to a problem such as arthritis or an injury. Movements, such as straightening or bending your knee, may be difficult.
- Joint stiffness and weakness
Joint pain tends to feel worse at night and in the early morning. Lubricating joints with creams can often provide relief until you are able to receive an individualized joint pain treatment from our chiropractor in Greensboro.
Chiropractic Care for Joint Pain
Our chiropractor in Greensboro takes a holistic approach to joint pain treatment. The body has an innate ability to heal itself. We work with your body's natural tendency towards health by detecting and removing interference to your nervous system. We do this via chiropractic adjustments, exercise recommendations to strengthen muscles around the joints, manual therapies such as soft-tissue massage or muscle release techniques, and nutritional guidance.
For your first visit to our chiropractor, you can expect an examination and X-rays of the affected area if needed. We'll ask you about your medical history, whether or not you smoke, and if you take any medications. That will help us know the best way to work with you to treat your joint pain.
Visit Williams Chiropractic & Decompression for Joint Pain Treatment
We encourage you to contact us as early as possible if you are experiencing joint pain. Our Greensboro chiropractor will provide a personalized treatment plan depending on the level of your joint pain and what's causing it. Call (336) 299-3037 to book an appointment with our chiropractor.